Tuesday, July 17, 2012

LAST DAY!

Friday was our last day school! During the week it started to hit me that this was the last time I would ever see my students again. I worked relentlessly this summer to make a difference in the life trajectories of my students, and it certainly paid off! Most of my students not only met their summer school goal, but exceeded it! Makaylan improved in math and reading this summer by over 122%! Granted she is a very fast learner and such a joyful student, but I was extremely proud of her. Robert, my little troublemaker improved in reading by 115%! Yay! Seeing these results really instilled in me the confidence that I will make this much of a difference with my students this fall. 

I was very sad to leave my students this summer, but wanted to make our last day very special.
My group and I went to the dollar store and bought our students 
some fun "rockstar" gear for their last day. 
We had SO much fun! Here are some pictures from the day!

I think Robert and Makaylan have a little romance going on...
My group and I were laughing so hard when we saw this, but
we definitely caught onto their love for each other throughout the summer.


Ready to walk to lunch! 
The whole school was so jealous of our cool "rockstar" gear!

My love bug!

My teaching group and our students!

"Rock on!"


We also played some music and let our students have a dance party!
And let me tell you...they love to dance more than anything! 
Not mention they are quite the little dancers!

We also gave them awards!
Then the kids gave us teacher awards. 
They awarded me the best hugger! How cute :)


At the end of the day we went outside and had a bubble party and played some music. 
Janiya wanted to show me some of her Michael Jackson dance moves! haha



I will truly miss each and every one of my students. They made such an impact on my life and I hope I made one on theirs as well. I wish you all could have met these wonderful little ones, they were so amazing! I know that I will take everything I learned this summer, the good and the bad, and create a wonderful classroom culture this fall. I only hope that I have students that are amazing like my little summer school babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment